Our agent met with the Sellers and their Agent for the Cotati house last night. We don't know all the details, but apparently the wife squawked at our offer and put on quite a dramatic show. I imagine that the couple may have been tired and irritable, not just from old age, but from a long drive up from LA where they were visiting family.
Needless to say our agent didn't stick around long, and shortly after leaving received a call from the Sellers agent with an un-official counter-offer. For us, it was a ridiculous counter and there was no way that the Mr. and I would agree to the terms. We talked it over and have requested a new offer be written to counter their counter. I have a feeling that if they don't become more realistic and reasonable about the condition and value of the house, that we may have to walk away from this diamond in the rough.
So, until then, we wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment