9.05.2006

Labor Day Weekend

What an event filled weekend!

We started off Friday evening with a dinner and a show hosted by the Mr.'s employers. We had an excellent dinner at Mc Near's Saloon in downtown Petaluma, and then headed next door to the Mystic Theatre for a rockin' show. We had the honor of seeing Surf Rock Guitar legend Dick Dale. The opening band was amazing and very entertaining! Unfortunately, by the time the headliner came on, the Mr. & I were exhausted and fading fast with all the heat in the room. We stayed long enough for 4-5 songs and then called it a night.

Mason must have enjoyed all the excitement and noises from the previous night because I was awaked to a "Tap, tap, tap." I do believe that these are the first genuine movements I've been able to feel. They had no more pressure than a finger's gentle touch, and were in rapid succession while I was lying in bed trying to convince myself to get up for breakfast.

Most of Saturday was spent cleaning house and tidy-ing up. But Saturday evening we spent with some friend's who are new parents themselves. Their little man is quite adorable and only 7 weeks old. He did the most adorable "Turbo-Suck" with his pacifier! I'd never seen a baby do that before. Any how, we had a lovely meal and quality time with our friends.

Sunday was an early rising day to complete some house chores and begin packing my pre-pregnancy clothes. I was able to pack up so much, that it looks like I might not have anything to wear come winter. :) I condensed some more stuff and have made room for some little baby gifts we've received so far. Thanks to you all!

Monday was a very early rising day, as the Mr. & I headed out to the race track for Mason's first experience at the Drags! It was a cool morning, and the afternoon not too warm. The Mr.'s car didn't preform as we had expected, but it was a fun day overall. It was a long day though, and once we returned home Mason and I were exhausted. Needless to say, this morning was quite a challenge, and the bed felt like quicksand as I pryed myself from the sheets. I soooo didn't want to get out, but alas, work calls.

No comments: