9.18.2006

What a busy weekend! Pt. 1: Baby

Friday, the Mr. & I attended our Level 2 Ultrasound. I knew there would be a lot the technician would look for, but I had no idea it would take as long as it did. We were there for 45 minutes before she gave up and asked me to come back when baby would cooperate. She was able to get all the measurements she needed, except a clear picture of the heart.
Our little buddie has been confirmed a BOY, and he's a big little guy. He's measuring a whole week larger than he should be, which I contribute to some genes that skipped over me and some from the Mr.'s side. We'll find out in 2 weeks if the Dr. decides to change the due date, and if she does that should put us right around a Valentine's Day birth.
We've got some more pictures that I'll try to post this week as an update here. There's one of his face, where you can definitely tell the bones in his forehead have begun to fuse. We've also got a shot of his little feet and toes, and one of his right arm and hand all curled up. Of course there's the obligatory "boy" shot. But my favorite has to be the one of his mouth and nose. I imagine that he was protesting all the prodding and was trying to sleep, because his mouth is slightly open and his arm is blocking his eyes from view. Definitely our child! :)

Keep watch for the photos to appear!

No comments: