Today was my Intake appointment with Kaiser. I was under the impression that this would just be a routine physical to assure that I was in good health to carry, lil' buddie. Well, I was wrong, and had anyone told me what was going to transpire, I would have made darn sure that the Mr. was with me.
I met with Midwife Alexis, who initially did a quick sonogram to find Lil' Buddie's heartbeat. She was able to distinguish it right away, but I had to look a while longer before I noticed the flicker. Gee does that little motor run fast! While Alexis was trying to get a clear picture, lil' buddie decided to do a little dance and kicked legs and waved arms and even wiggled around a bit. Then I saw it, that rapid flicker, and then I was mush. What a wonderful feeling to be able to see the life growing inside of you and know that it's well on it's way to surviving on it's own.
Buddie was measured at a whopping 2.9 milimeters, quite small, and has been dated at 9 weeks and 5 days old. This will bring our estimated delivery date to Feburary 20th! just one day shy of Poppa's birthday.
We've now told the parents to spread the news, and close friends will be alerted if they haven't been already! I'm so over the moon to have met my lil' buddie today and can't wait to recount every second with the Mr. later this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment