We had our most recent prenatal appointment on Wednesday of this week. Mom's doing fine and right on track. Blood pressure normal, no major aches or pains, no morning sickness, and so far no weight gain, but a minor weight loss. Dr. said this is totally normal and doesn't expect a significant weight gain until baby starts to get a little bigger.
The doppler(heart monitor), found our Lil' Buddie with no problem, but I think it's a bit shy. After Dr. got a strong signal, it muffled and went away. Baby didn't go far, but definately slipped around to hide. Lil' Buddie has a strong ticker and was pumping away at 150-160 beats per minute.
Dr. asked me what I thought the gender was, and I said I was hoping for a boy, but feel like it's going to be a girl. Unfortunately it's still a little too early to tell what the gender is, but we're crossing our fingers to find out soon.
Dr. measured my belly and came to the conclusion that my due date may be wrong. After looking back at a calendar, I tend to think she's right. We're measuring about 2 weeks further along than we first anticipated. So, the Dr. has put in a request for Radiology to complete an ultrasound to determine the actual age of our Lil' Buddie, or at least a more accurate one. I'm crossing my fingers that we're further along and that Baby isn't shy, and gives us a sneak peek as to if we're going to be blessed with a Mason or a Karina.
No comments:
Post a Comment