11.06.2006

Weekly Update

I'm physically and mentally exhausted, so no pun-ny title today.
Mr & I have been working almost every day after work for at least 2-3 hrs and full days on the weekends to knock everything on our "To Do" list out.
Our goal was to have all the ceilings and walls which reside over carpet, painted before the carpets get cleaned. Much to our amazement, we've reached that goal. Well, sort of. All of the ceilings and walls over carpet have been rolled, and the majority of it all cut in around the trim at least as far as I can reach. Being pregnant, a ladder isn't very appealing, so Mr. is relegated to tackling all those high spots. Let me tell you, vaulted cottage cheese ceilings are no easy task to roll, let alone cut in the trim. Mr. is such a trooper and doing so much. I'm sure he would say the same about me, and we could go back and forth all day.
Mr's Dad and brother came out on Sunday to help finish off the drywall in the garage, as well as our Best Man to tackle some electrical work. We admit that none of this is a requirement, but will make life so much easier for us both if it's done right the first time, and before the garage is taken over by car stuff.
Mr also cut down some unsightly bushes/trees around the garage and it's amazing how much cleaner the front of the house looks now. Good job honey!
***MASON UPDATE***
The little guy is getting bigger and has discovered that if he kicks Mommy in the back, she jumps and groans a little. Pretty funny looking for a stranger, and I imagine for some of those that know me, but not so funny for me. Very uncomfortable.
He got a case of the hiccups last week and it was entertaining to see my belly jump in a rythmic fashion. As far as I can tell from the kicks and light punches, he's still upsidedown, ass over tea kettle, and is occassionally mooning the general public.
As of today we've got 106 days until I reach 40 weeks gestation. When you put it in days, it doesn't seem that far away. In terms of months, Feburary is still so far off. I imagine that once he makes his grande entrance that time won't ever stand still and I'll be wishing for a moment when I could feel him kicking my back. :)
Oh, there he is now. Did you have a nice nap Mason? Or are you just reminding me to get back to work.
We love you all and once the dust settles at the new house we'll host some tours.

No comments: