11.15.2006

Our "Little" Bundle of Joy

I use the term little very lightly. The Dr had requested yet another U/S(ultrasound), to narrow down Mason's EDD(estimated delivery date). I've been saying all along that the EDD was off by about 2 weeks, but do the Dr's listen to the mother? Nooo...
At our last appointment, my belly measured 5 weeks ahead, so that caused some concern for the Dr. The U/S yesterday proved me RIGHT! The tech confirmed that he's measuring to be due on or around February 8th, about 2 weeks ahead of our current EDD.

Not only that, but he's sizing up to be quite a big little guy. At our first U/S the tech warned me that he could be a 9-10 lb baby at birth. The tech yesterday confirmed my fears as a first time mother, and again warned us that Mason could weigh in over 8, but closer to 10lbs. She assured us that everything looked healthy and right on track, so there shouldn't be any cause to be concerned for his health. We got to see an awesome view of his spine, and as he's prone to be, he heard us talking about him, got shy and flipped over. We got a couple more face shots, one profile and one almost head on. After looking at them closer, I've come to the determination that he may have been sucking on the heel of this hand because the area around his lips looked really blurry and boney.

The absent mindedness is getting the better of me. Today on my lunch break, I locked my keys, purse and cell phone in the car while pumping gas. Fortunately, I had cracked the windows just enough to fit my tiny hand through to flip the auto-lock switch and was able to open the door with minor incident. You see, I got so excited that I wasn't stranded at the AM/PM, that I rushed to grab the door handle to open the car up. In doing so, I smashed my thumb into the handle and bent my nail backwards. This resulted in an immediate bruise and is now making typing this much more difficult. So, for now, my thumb, Mason & I bid you adieu.

No comments: