The Mr. & Mrs. have spent their first night in their very own home!
Of course it was a night of restless sleep getting used to the new room arrangement, and running over the mile long list of things yet to do to make the house ready for Mason, but we're officially in.
We could not have done it without our terrific moving crew. Thank you so much guys, not only for the use of your trucks, but for the sweat labor on a gloomy, post rain Saturday! We were definitely afraid that the weather was going to ruin our plans of moving in furniture, but the clouds broke sooner than expected and the afternoon was gloomy, but thankfully dry. All of our large pieces are now in the house and it feels much more like a home.
Next on the list of immediate things to do. Clear out the Petaluma house and get it cleaned for the next tenants. I have to admit, for as much trouble and little things wrong with that house, I'm sad to be leaving it. It's the first home the Mr. & I lived in together. It's where we came home to as newlyweds. It's the home where we found out we were expecting Mason's arrival. So many blissful memories happened in that house. Fortunately, we can take the memories with us, and begin many more new ones for our future.
*~* Mason Update *~*
We had a routine exam on Friday, accompanied by a blood draw for the glucose screen. Nana Christina came along and it was a bittersweet experience. Mason has never liked the hand-held Doppler monitor(it's a little mic & speaker device that amplifies the baby's heartbeat, much easier to use than the old stethoscope). He always tries to worm away from the intruding mic that's placed on my belly and will even kick at it to make it go away. Well, as always, the Dr. found his strong little heartbeat right away, and as always, he tried to squirm away(indicated by some muffling). Nana's face was lit up with joy as the little guys heart pumped away, and just as the Dr. turned to ask Nana a question, Mason kicked the mic. It was square on target too, (a huge Thud on the mic)! Nana said she saw the mic jump off of my belly and the Dr. then decided to let Mason be.
Then it was time for my belly to be measured. As I've been trying to tell the Dr. at every visit, I think my due date is about 2 weeks too late. We've done numerous measurements and ultrasounds, and although Mason is measuring on the large side, he's been within "range". Well the Dr. seemed a little surprised when my belly measured about 5 weeks larger than it should be. Yes, sir. You heard me right. 5 weeks! To rule out any complications, and to be sure that Mason is developing normally, the Dr. has requested yet another ultrasound. Better to be safe than sorry. I have a feeling that the little guy is actually 2 weeks further along than they've been thinking and that he's a bit on the large side.
I won't get the results for the glucose screen probably until my next routine visit, in 4 weeks. I can't believe that I have less than 100 days left in this pregnancy. Amazing how time flies. P.S. Remind me I said that when I get down the last few weeks and am complaining about how time doesn't move fast enough. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment