10.25.2006

Na, na, na, na. Hey, hey, hey. Good bye!

Bye bye you wretched fleas! The little beasts seems to be evicted from the house, but they may be lurking nearby in the back yard. We'll have to spray or something before we move in and our kitty comes home.
Mr. & I have been steadily working to clean the house. I again stick to my theory that the previous tenants were a bunch of college bachelors, whom their mothers would be ashamed of.
The master bath shower stall grout was black, (Yes, black as night!), with mildew. Fortunately I heard of a trick on a message board that Easy Off oven cleaner works wonders on grout. Unfortunately, being pregnant, I couldn't witness the miracle myself, but the Mr. gladly accepted the challenge. Basically, you spray the oven cleaner all over the tile and grout, let it sit and work for 10-15 min. Scrub at the grout and then rinse away all the mucky mess. It's recommended that you let it air out before attempting to clean up any oven cleaner residue, or you may become a little dizzy from the fumes. Let me tell you, it's amazing the difference. I thought the tile was pink with a pale pink grout, but couldn't be sure because so much of it was covered in grime. Turns out the grout is pale pink! Bye bye mildew!
Next up on our list of things to do is to clean and line the kitchen cabinets, wash the walls in preparation for new paint, and to re-caulk the bathrooms. Then we can start painting & cutting in.
Mr.'s Dad is coming out on Saturday to help clean and set up the garage, and whilst they are busy out there, I'm going to start cutting in around the trim and transition walls at least as far as I can reach. I'm suffering from some balance issues due to the pregnancy, and I'm afraid to get on a ladder. Best that I avoid that accident waiting to happen altogether.
Meanwhile, Mason is growing steadily and becoming stronger every day. He seems to be most active about 10-15 minutes after I eat, and some of his kicks have made me jump outta my seat. He's no longer that shy when the Mr. places a hand on my belly, but he does stop for a minute to, I think, figure out that it's Daddy. :)

No comments: