Keys were in hand Thursday night, and we didn't hesitate to start work. In order for us to habitate the place, first we had to evict some uninvited guests, so we bombed the place. Flea bomb that is. My, my there were a lot of little critters hidden in that house, but I think we zapped them all.
We headed back to the house on Saturday to start cleaning and prepping for some minor modifications before the big move. First and foremost was some bathroom duty. I, being pregnant had to use the facilities, but was able to hold it long enough to clean the facilities. Boy was it a mess!
The house had been a rental unit for some time, and given the cleanliness of the place, we can only assume that some college men were the occupants. Nasty!
A good friend stopped by to clean up some messy wiring, which has since fixed our oven/stove problem. You see, if you turned on a couple burners, and then the oven, nothing would heat up. After the repairs, those burners and oven elements got red hot! Whoo hoo! We won't have to live off of micro-waved meals!
There was also the business of dusting and vacuuming. Not only to be rid of the flea bomb residue, but the place probably hadn't been vacuumed well for at least 6 months. Again, yuck!
Saturday was a long exhausting day, but a lot was accomplished. And not to worry all of you, I rested plenty and continued to eat snacks throughout the day. Not to mention a fabulous lunch of All You Can Eat Shrimp at Red Lobster. I saved up 2 weeks of not eating seafood so I could enjoy to my hearts content. Mason seemed to enjoy it as well, he was bouncing all over the place.
Sunday, we got a late start and took our time getting out of bed. First stop, Home Depot. What an insane place, but we got what we needed and headed back to the house. My feet were killing me, but I started in on the Master Bathroom. I hadn't realized it before (don't know how I missed it), but the shower stall had clumps of dirt, and I don't know how many layers of mildew in the grout. I got about one third through, and gave up. Too much work for one preggo lady to handle.
Meanwhile, the Mr. was busy in the kitchen vacuuming out the kitchen cabinets, and cleaning out the fireplace. Great job Mr.!
Then came the fun part. :) We had purchased paint samples at Home Depot and got to try them out on the walls. We did pretty good selecting the colors, and only one of them wasn't at all what we expected. I think we've figured out a good alternative and we'll just trust that when going to purchase the bulk of the paint. Wearing a respirator is quite an experience, and I feel much like Darth Vador. "Mason, (chee-haa) I am your Mother. (chee-haa)"
Speaking of Mason, he's becoming quite a strong little one. My stomach now bounces when he gets in a good kick. It's pretty funny to watch. Almost like the movie Alien. Creepy, but in a satisfying way. :) Oh, and he's started to get hiccups. So cute.
The next few weeks are going to be packed full, so I don't know how often I'll be able to post updates. I'll do my best to fill you in with the highlights, and occasionally some low lights. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment