6.21.2006

3, 2, 1, . . . we have lift off!

Today was our initial appointment with our Dr. We confirmed that there is a little dot growing steady, which would explain all of my symptoms. ~(nausea, bloating, sensitivity to smells, etc.)~ We headed to the lab to get a baseline for hormone levels and will draw more blood on Friday to ensure they are doubling as they should for healthy "dot" growth.
We don't quite have a heartbeat yet ~(only 3 weeks along)~, but will be hearing, "hey buddy, hey buddy, hey buddy" ~(heartbeat)~ very soon. So, our little dot will henceforth be dubbed "buddy".
I'm so excited that I'd like to tell everyone, but it's still a little too soon to tell if things will turn out okay. We'll probably wait until our next check up with the Dr. ~(at 11 weeks)~ before we share with extended family and co-workers.
Wow, this is really real!
I think the whole idea is starting to sink in with the Mr. now. At first he seemed almost unaffected, but happy. Now I can see glimpses of worry in his face. I guess that's natural for an expectant father, but I'll have to keep a close watch so things don't snowball in that mind of his.

No comments: