1.30.2007

A Friendly Wager

Since our last false alarm, things have been stirring. Stronger, "different" contractions. Frantic Nesting periods followed by almost comatose naps. So, the Mr. & I placed a friendly wager being this is the last week in January, and the birth of our first son seems imminent.

If the little guy is born in the month of January, Mr. Will have to change all of the diapers his first week of life. If the little guy holds out until February, then I will have to change all of the diapers his first week of life. After the first week of diapers all bets are off and the Mr. will have to participate no matter what the diaper looks like.

Now, let me elaborate a little bit on the "different" contractions. Before, the contractions seemed to be up high, at the top of my abdomen, and were really sharp. Now they've developed into an almost wave-like sensation that starts out low in my back and radiates up and over my belly, and down the front. As I've described this sensation to some recent new mothers, they've indicated to me that those contractions are the real deal. So, now we just wait until they are close together and strong enough to force this baby out.

I have another follow up appointment with Dr. Sarah today, so we'll see how much longer she anticipates the little guy will be taking up residence. Before long, I may just have to issue him an eviction notice. :)

No comments: