Today is the first of February, and still no baby. I've officially lost the bet I made with the Mr. about diaper changing the first week. That's quite alright though, because the sweet husband that he is, has assured me that I wouldn't be alone in the diaper changing department.
As far as progress, I'm still having contractions, but none that carry any pattern or that are close enough together to indicate full labor has begun. At the last exam with Dr. Sarah, I was 3cm dilated and about 60% effaced. I'm now going to see her on a weekly basis to assure that Mason is progressing and that I'm not developing any early complications in labor. Dr. Sarah did say though, that she'd be shocked if she saw me at my next appointment because she anticipates that Mason will be born over the weekend.
In the meantime, I continue to do laps around our living room and kitchen area as it's a little too cold in the evenings to go out. The walking seems to ease some of the pressure I'm feeling, but does seem to stimulate stronger contractions. It's getting increasingly more difficult to stay awake if I'm at an idle for too long, and my eyelids feel like concrete blocks. I rest as much as I can while still here at work, trying to save up energy for when I'll need it most. Fortunately, tomorrow is my last day at work before my maternity leave begins.
Anyone want to place bets on when the little guy will arrive? Let's see, Friday is the full moon and happens to be Papoe's birthday. Seems like a good a day as any if you ask me.
Although, a Superbowl baby would be kinda cool too. Especially considering this years game is going to be a memorable one being that both head coaches are African American & is going to be written about in history books. Seems a shame though that the first time this is happening is in the year 2007. Hmmm. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment