12.18.2006

What a scare! Glad that ride's over.

The past couple of days I've been having some lower abdominal cramping & it's gotten worse as the days go on. So, once again I call the advice nurse this morning for some... advice.
Well, Santa Rosa Labor & Delivery didn't want me to drive all the way from work in Vallejo, so they arranged for me to go to Vallejo L & D.
I arrived and was briskly taken to an observation room for monitoring. I had no concept of time while I was there as the clock was hidden behind the privacy curtain, but it ended up being about 2.5 hrs of waiting. The nurse midwife on duty took some samples and ran some tests to confirm that I wasn't in danger of pre-term labor and that I wasn't having any contractions.
Finally, after I had dozed off 2 or 3 times, she came to share good news of a really healthy baby Mason & a perfectly fine Mrs.

Meanwhile, the poor Mr. was worring away and I'm sure leaving a worn spot in the carpet at work in Santa Rosa. I know it must have been quite a scare for him being in the dark for 2.5 hrs, but he managed to make it through just fine.

One bonus of being strapped to monitors for 2.5 hrs was that I got to listen to Mason's heartbeat the entire time. As well as his protests for being under careful watch. "Bump, thump, boom." Something else that was quite amusing to me and some of the other ladies being observed was he got the hiccups. I'm glad I had the distraction & that everything turned out just fine.

No comments: